Getting StartedQuick start documentation and technical requirements to get started.
Quick Start Process
Vyopta’s onboarding process for vAnalytics™ consists of 4 simple steps. While the length of time required will vary by organization, vAnalytics can be operational in less than half a day if all of the prerequisites are in place and you have read through all of the instructions beforehand.
KEY DOCUMENTS: It is useful to have the vAnalytics Deployment Guide and Port Requirements document on hand as you move through this process. Please select the Cloud Port Requirements or On-Premise Port Requirements as required.
These steps must be completed before beginning the installation of vAnalytics:
Step 1: Sign up for a user account on the vAnalytics Product Portal. This sets up your organization in our cloud and makes it ready to receive data.
- CPU: Dual 2.4GHz or Higher
- Memory: 8GB RAM
- Recommended Disk Space: 160 GB OS and Data
- Network Interface Card (NIC): Single
- Operating Systems: Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows 2012, or 2012 R2
- System Software: .NET Framework Version 4.5
Step 3: Open the necessary ports on your network between the data collector and the components of your collaboration infrastructure you want vAnalytics to monitor, and the outbound port to the Vyopta cloud servers through which your data will be securely transported for processing. The port requirements (found on our Documents page) specifies the required ports. (Depending upon the administrative processes at your company, this may require significant lead time.)
As soon as the prerequisites are out of the way, it’s time to get vAnalytics up and running!
Step 1: Install the data collection agent – Once your data collection server is in place, you are ready to download and install the vanalytics™ data collector on your data collector server. Double-click, wait about a minute, and it’s ready to proceed.
Step 2: Test connectivity – Just a quick check from the data collection server to make sure it can “talk” to the cloud so that the data gathered will successfully reach Vyopta’s servers for processing.
Step 3: Connect your infrastructure – Now the fun begins! For each component of your collaboration infrastructure, you will do the following:
- Set up or confirm a service account for the collector to connect to the component. vAnalytics uses the native application programming interfaces (APIs) supplied by your infrastructure provider to extract data for analysis, and the best way to do this is to create read-only administrative service accounts on each component. This document summarizes the specific permissions that will be required, and our deployment guide walks you through this process for each component and details all the permissions needed.
- Confirm infrastructure configuration details – for some components, specific configuration values must be set for efficient operation. Our deployment guide identifies all of the items that must be addressed for each piece of infrastructure.
- Add infrastructure to the vAnalytics collector – all that remains is to enter the account and location details into the data collector server so it will know how and where to collect the component’s call data. Again, our deployment guide shows you how this is done.
Once you’ve added all of your infrastructure to the collector, give yourself a high-five and watch the data roll in on our Real Time module!
After about a week of collecting data with vAnalytics, you and a Vyopta customer success engineer will take a deep dive into your collaboration environment for about 30 to 60 minutes. You will come away with concrete insights and recommendations that you can implement right away.
After the review, our experts will begin training you and however many users you want on how to use vAnalytics to make faster decisions, improve performance, and better manage your collaboration environment.