Meetings (Advanced Analytics)
The Meetings tab is a table page with a complete list of the meetings and participants for the selected date range.
vAnalytics is designed to support the use of persistent Virtual Meeting Rooms and also Video meetings that are uniquely named per meeting. The system automatically determines when VMRs have zero participants and counts that as the “end” of the meeting. Therefore, you will see many meetings with the same name if you use persistent VMRs. For example, if you give every employee their own VMR, you will see many user names repeated here with different start times.
The summary metrics for the Meetings tab are dynamic totals. As you select, filter, and organize the data on this page, the summary metrics will change to reflect your current view.
- Meeting Count: Total number (count) of meetings for selected data.
- Meeting Minutes: Total meeting duration for selected data.
- Participant (Count): Total number (count) of participants for selected data.
- Participant Minutes: Total number of participant minutes for selected data.
- Participant Audio Minutes: Total number of participant audio minutes for selected data.
- Participant Video Minutes: Total number of participant video minutes for selected data.
- Avg Meeting Mins: Average duration of a meeting in minutes.
- Avg Participant Mins: Average total participant minutes per meeting.
- Average Participants/ Meeting: The average number of participants per meeting.
By default, the meeting details information includes:
- Meeting Name – the name of the meeting as per the collected CDR data
- System Name – the name of the specific server/box the call was hosted by (P2P = Point to Point, i.e., direct call).
- Start Time (Meeting) – the time the meeting started
- Meeting Minutes – total duration of the meeting
- Participants (Count) – total number of participants’ calls made into a meeting
- Quality – the perceived quality (Good, Fair, Bad) of a meeting (standards set here)
While these are the primary columns, present by default, there are a number of other columns that can be added. Among them are:
- End Time – the time the meeting ended
- Participant Minutes – total duration of all participants who joined the meeting
- Participant Video Minutes – Total number of participant video minutes for selected data
- Participant Audio Minutes – Total number of participant audio minutes for selected data
- Unique Participants (Count) – unique participants account for the same user calling in multiple times to the same call. The difference between Unique and Total participants reflects the number of times attendees had trouble calling in or were disconnected.
DISPLAY MEETINGS SYSTEM TYPE
By clicking on an individual meeting you can expand the display to view participant details for each participant including start time, duration, call type, system used to route the call, and bandwidth or resolution.
- Filter Meetings by System
The System Type dropdown in the top left allows you to select the source data for the meetings, either Bridge or P2P. Once you’ve selected the category of data, you can drill down to constrain your view by vendor or manufacturer. Finally, the third layer of the dropdown is dependent on the first and includes specific infrastructure devices in order to filter data according to meetings on specific bridge devices.
- Dynamic Filtering
Advanced Analytics includes fully dynamic filtering that allows you to constrain your data set by Model, Endpoint, Quality, or a host of other facets. Setting filters is as easy as clicking the text field and selecting one from the list which populates or starting to type the desired filter and allowing the autocomplete to take over. The autocomplete provides a simple approach to filtering, allowing you to build up filters as simple logical statements.
ACTIVITY: Create a filter for “Video Mins greater than 60” to find all endpoints used for more than an hour in your selected timeframe. Try your own!
- Edit Columns and Key Metrics
You can edit which Summary Metrics show up at the top of the page and also select which columns show up below. To do this, select the icon on the right. Please note that edited columns and summary metrics do effect export files and reports.
- Improved Dropdowns
From the Meetings, VMRs, and Participants views, users can select the Systems dropdown to pick a specific category of Meeting data. This filter hinges between Bridge and P2P (Point to Point) filters and includes a list of the applicable system infrastructure. These dropdown selection bind per tab, so that changing context in one does not impact the view in the other (for example, filters do not persist from Meetings to VMRs).
Exporting data from Advanced Analytics is done entirely through email. When you select a report to send “Once,” you will see a prompt to let you know that an email will arrive shortly (typically 5-10 minutes). You can find our more about about sharing on our Advanced Analytics Reports page. That email can contain any combination of the following:
- Graph/chart image: Allows you to directly and easily copy and paste graphics into external applications or presentations.
- Download links (CSV or XLS): Click on the link to download the exported file. The file will live on our server for 30 days, so no rush, and delivering it this way means your export doesn’t get hung up in email attachment size limits.
- Links back to the specific report: A direct path to the exact data being exported, with date range, filters, categories, and sorts all intact. Great when you need to point a colleague to a specific issue and want to be sure they’re seeing exactly what you’re seeing.
The user experience for exporting data is now nearly identical to scheduling reports. If you want that same email, image, and file on a daily, weekly, or monthly basis… a single click makes that possible!