Sessions (Advanced Analytics)
The Sessions tab displays multiple modes of collaboration activity, including calls, meetings and messaging usage, along with application and file sharing details.
The world of Unified Communications is becoming increasingly multi-modal and we’re changing with it! With Sessions data, we provide easy to use metrics (from your management system) showing how your users communicate. Sessions data can be accessed via the Sessions tab or with custom panels and, in either case, the full context and filtering of Vyopta can be brought to bear on call, meeting, message, and application/file sharing data.
This means true multi-vendor, multi-modal comparisons in a single pane of glass. Sessions panels can be setup on a dashboard of their own, embedded next to distinct Call or Meetings data, or even filtered into deep dives of your users’ messaging behavior. Please note that Sessions data is only available with Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM) and Skype for Business. Current functionality does not support messaging for CUCM or group features (group messaging, group file transfer, group app sharing) for Skype.
The Sessions tab mirrors Meetings and Endpoints and, just like those tabs, custom panels can be created from this data context or users can dig in directly from the Sessions tab. Due to the multi-modal nature of Sessions data, there can be some crossover with other data categories. That said, Sessions facilitates a distinct, high level view of your data that isn’t possible elsewhere. For example, Sessions data can be used to better understand utilization across vendors, track messaging use, or analyze video sessions to find disconnect patterns across your environment.
As you select, filter, and organize the data on the page, summary metrics will change to reflect your current view. You can select the KPIs you want to see by clicking the to the right of the summary metrics. An example of the summary metrics for Sessions can be seen in the screenshot below, with a full list of the available Sessions KPIs:
- Total Sessions (Count): Total number of sessions of all kinds for the selected time-frame
- Video Sessions (Count): Total number of video call sessions
- Audio Sessions (Count): Total number of audio call sessions
- IM Sessions (Count): Total number of instant message sessions
- File Transfer Sessions (Count): Total number of file transfer sessions
- Application Sharing Sessions (Count): Total number of file transfer sessions
- Total Minutes: Total call minutes
- Video Minutes: Total video call minutes
- Audio Minutes: Total audio call minutes
- IM Minutes: Total length (in minutes) of all IM sessions
- Application Sharing Minutes: Total length (in minutes) of all application sharing
CREATING PANELS WITH SESSIONS
Creating custom panels with Sessions data is performed in the same way as other data categories and has some crossover with call and meetings data. As such, one can approach the Sessions data in similar way. Please see our Creating Custom Panels page for more information on creating panels with Sessions data!
- Dynamic Filtering Advanced Analytics includes fully dynamic filtering that allows you to constrain your Sessions data set by Endpoint Name, Source Caller, Session Minutes, or a host of other facets. Setting filters is as easy as clicking the text field and selecting one from the list which populates or starting to type the desired filter and allowing the autocomplete to take over. The autocomplete provides a simple approach to filtering, allowing you to build up filters as simple logical statements. ACTIVITY: Create a filter for “Session Minutes greater than 60” to find all sessions used for more than an hour in your selected timeframe. Try your own!
- Edit Columns and Key Metrics You can edit which Summary Metrics show up at the top of the page and also select which columns show up below. To do this, select the icon on the right. Please note that edited columns and summary metrics do effect export files and reports.
- Sharing Exporting data from Advanced Analytics is done entirely through email. When you select a report to send “Once,” you will see a prompt to let you know that an email will arrive shortly (typically 5-10 minutes). That email can contain any combination of the following:
- Graph/chart image: Allows you to directly and easily copy and paste graphics into external applications or presentations.
- Download links (CSV or XLS): Click on the link to download the exported file. The file will live on our server for 30 days, so no rush, and delivering it this way means your export doesn’t get hung up in email attachment size limits.
- Links back to the specific report: A direct path to the exact data being exported, with date range, filters, categories, and sorts all intact. Great when you need to point a colleague to a specific issue and want to be sure they’re seeing exactly what you’re seeing.
- Scheduling The user experience for exporting data is now nearly identical to scheduling reports. If you want that same email, image, and file on a daily, weekly, or monthly basis… a single click makes that possible!