Case Study: Abbvie Optimizes Global Cisco Collaboration Environment
Abbvie is a highly focused research-driven biopharmaceutical company with over 28,000 employees in 70+ countries who deliver pharmaceuticals that help treat over 30 million people worldwide. Abbvie creates new approaches to addressing today’s health issues—from life-threatening illness to chronic conditions.
Spun off in 2013 from Abbott Labs, Abbvie has been set up as an agile, research-based organization that depends on video collaboration to grow their business and maintain a competitive advantage. They use all Cisco Collaboration technologies to reach this goal.
Video Conferencing Challenges
- Abbvie needed to rollout Cisco TelePresence, Jabber Video, and WebEx with a heavy focus on using video to reduce travel and increase productivity for their very distributed and fast moving organization.
- Large, global network with 28,000 employees in more than 70 countries across multiple labs and facilities.
- Legacy network was very out of date and couldn’t handle very much modern video, especially at older facilities
- Existing video usage was nearly all Executive and two dedicated resources provided 100% “white glove” meeting service; including scheduling and support.
- Had aggressive internal goals to increase adoption very rapidly.
Results After Partnering with Vyopta
Abbvie successfully expanded their environment to thousands more employees in a few short years and deployed:
- 500 New Hardware Endpoints
- 4000 new Active Software users
- 3 New Platforms (Jabber, Cisco TP, WebEx)
They also accomplished all this with a small team of engineers that did all the testing, deployment, and support by using Vyopta’s Monitoring and Alerts.
Saved over $3M and 85K hours in international travel avoided in 2016