Mini Report: Best of Video Conferencing 2015
What you’ll find:
- Survey responses from 150+ video conferencing IT professionals
- Industry information from healthcare, higher education, technology, finance government, and more
- Top rated solutions with simple, user-friendly experience
- Most interoperable video conferencing solutions
- Fastest growing video collaboration tools
- Top hardware video collaboration endpoints ratings
We conducted a survey to 150+ video conferencing professionals to gain their perspectives on key technologies and trends in the industry. We received responses from a wide range of industries including; value-added resellers, technology, financial services, healthcare, higher education, consulting, technology services, wholesale, and more. Most survey participants are responsible for managing unified collaboration systems for large enterprises like Visa, Groupon, Electronic Arts (EA), Adobe, Harvard, etc.
Here is a glimpse into some of the key findings:
- Microsoft Skype for Business (S4B) is the fastest growing collaboration technology for large organizations with cloud, on-premise and hybrid deployments with 41% of survey responses.
- The higher education industry is adopting Microsoft Skype for Business faster than any other industry.
- Cisco continues to be the most widely used video conferencing technology vendor. According to survey results, we’ve found they are leading in the following areas; user friendliness, interoperability, and video hardware endpoints. No matter how we sliced the data, Cisco came out on top.
- Although Cisco takes the bill, Polycom’s interoperability shines above the rest. Among participants with on-premise video conferencing, Polycom is cited above Cisco when it comes to interoperability. It’s likely that Polycom’s Skype for Business integration is a contributing factor.
- Hybrid video conferencing deployments are the most popular among survey participants. Cloud-based services are gaining more traction in the unified communication space, but many organizations continue to deploy on-premise video solutions to meet specific business needs, especially larger video environments.
We hope you enjoy!