“We really like the breadth and depth of information we can get about our Cisco endpoints within Collaboration Performance Monitoring, and have not found a better monitoring and analytics solution for Skype for Business”
Collaboration is a key component to how one of the world’s most iconic consumer goods companies meets its corporate commitment to the development of children around the globe. With workers distributed across 42 office locations globally, their challenge was making sure that each call or meeting, whether voice or video, met the standard to be productive. To avoid employees having to worry about the mechanics of the technology itself, simplicity, reliability and quality of experience have become critical to the business.
The company recently completed upgrading all of their conference room endpoints to newer ro om systems like Cisco Webex Room Kits. Their environment also includes call manager and conferencing platforms from Cisco, as well as Skype for Business clients that are actively used by 9,000 workers for calls, meetings, messaging and app sharing.
- The shared digital experience team had limited visibility into what caused a low quality call or meeting and where it was occurring.
- The team relied on a combination of vendor tools, network monitoring tools, and ad-hoc manual analysis.
- With a complex, multivendor, UC environment, the company needed a solution that could monitor and analyze data all in one location.
- The solution needed to be intuitive enough to be used by their Business Support team and detailed enough for their UC experts and admins.
Vyopta’s Collaboration and Performance Management (CPM) Platform
The search for a solution led them to Vyopta’s Collaboration Performance Management (CPM) platform, which was designed to manage performance across both their Microsoft and Cisco environments.
- The Business Support teams in Europe support the entire global organization and leverage Vyopta to manage user-reported tickets and troubleshoot quality issues.
- The European-based Shared Digital Experience team of collaboration architects, admins and engineers leverage the platform to stay ahead of important meetings and company events that require the collaboration endpoints, and assist Business Support with diagnosing issues.
- The team also leverages CPM’s historical analytics capabilities to understand performance trends across their global locations, providing them with insight to improve operational planning and technology expenditures as well as address systemic issues that affect performance or user experience in a given location.
Before Vyopta, the company lacked a solution that could provide real-time insights into live calls and meetings that involve Cisco or Skype technologies.
Having this visibility, along with the option to go back and investigate past calls, has helped the company to become more proactive in managing their environment and user experience, and solve issues before they impact the business.