At Vyopta, we’ve been pretty much the only ones focused on helping people who manage large unified communication (UC) networks. We don’t say this to brag, but to set up how much help these guys (and gals) need. One of the biggest needs is reporting. Having powerful, accurate, and good looking reports is critical when it comes time to make decisions and fight for the budget to grow your UC.
The most popular tools that our users complain about are the spreadsheets and slideshow programs. Using these tools for generating reports based on a ton of data from various pieces of IT infrastructure is very painful. They weren’t designed for it. In fact, we call this problem “spreadsheet hell” around the office because we have seen so many reports that customers send us that are inaccurate, unattractive or both. Worst of all, recreating them is a painful recurring task and interacting with spreadsheets to answer the inevitable audience questions is impossible! “Let me get back to you on that,” pretty much translates to “great, now I have more work to do that I did not plan for.” We want to keep our customers out of hell, so we are proud to announce that we have made a huge step forward with Vyopta’s new Advanced Analytics capability.
Got a UC report due soon? Save time and use our pre-made slides to win your next presentation!
Details of Vyopta’s Advanced Analytics Release
The big advance is that now vAnalytics can solve 90% of your UC reporting needs without having to export, merge, format, insert a chart, and tinker for hours. This will save you a ton of time, especially since Vyopta’s customizable interface can now support multiple dashboards as well as automated delivery of any dashboards or reports you have built. So no more tinkering with charts every month and no more creating of reports from scratch every time. Finally, these dashboards are shareable and interactive, so “I’ll get back to you,” becomes, “let’s find out right now.”
First, let me tell you a little bit about what exactly we have done. Before we go too much further, I want to make sure to stress that this is an extremely flexible technology that allows us to keep all the existing reports that you have today and adds the ability to display any visualization of any metric. Now, let’s get into it. This update consists of three main additions:
- Flexible Panel Creation Interface: vAnalytics today has a few dozen panels that are selectable out of the box. Our new interface allows you to select any type of panel, select any metric in vAnalytics (over 40 choices), category, grouping, visual type, set your filters, and then apply. This means you can now create over 1000 different ways to visualize your data. You can also create your own KPIs as well!
- Multiple, Custom Dashboards: Not only can you create 1000+ new panel types, but you can arrange them any way you like on multiple, personalized dashboards. When combined with our existing scheduling and export capability, it becomes far easier to create great reports for any manager in a few minutes. No more struggling with Excel spreadsheets.
- Endpoint Tagging: The final key capability to enable customized reporting in vAnalytics is the ability to label your devices by location, group, business, or any way you can name. This allows you to track usage, performance, and adoption according to your business needs. You can even add multiple tags. For instance, if you are a matrixed organization that has both geographic and business unit divisions.
- BONUS: For organizations with TMS or a similar tool with built-in data structures (like folders), you can immediately leverage that structure to organize your data.
Let me show you what I mean by combining all three of these new features to solve two common problems our users tell us about.
Use Case: Video Adoption by Department
So, let’s say I have a problem. My manager wants to know how video usage is different across different regions. To figure this out, I need to look at my video rooms as grouped by the department they are in; Sales, Admin, and Marketing, and I will use 3 different key reports.
- Active Endpoints across three main regions
- Video Minutes
- Video Meetings
In addition, I want to know about my Skype user interaction with my regular video conferencing, so I need a report that shows that.
I end up with a dashboard that looks like the one below. Watch this short video for how to create some of these panels.
Use Case: Video Performance by Region
Here’s another one. You are working with the network department because you are receiving some complaints that some international calls are having quality problems. To answer this vague request, you need to create three reports across three regions: Texas, New York, and California. The reports you are looking for are call disconnects and packet loss/jitter by location.
- Call Status
- Disconnect Reason
- Call Quality
Here is a short video on how to create this dashboard.
Are you a Vyopta Customer Interested in Leveraging Advanced Analytics?
This feature is available as of today for new customers and existing customers. If you’re not seeing the feature, give us a shout by clicking on the chat bubble in your vAnalytics dashboard or reach out through email@example.com.
Want to learn about all the various panels and metrics you can use to create these 1000+ new reports? Visit our new Support section of the website, we have several articles that can help you get started right away.
Do you have a report you would like to see or some ideas of how to apply this new feature? Let us know in the comments section below and we’ll be sure to provide support.
Are Interested in Leveraging Vyopta’s Product for Your Enterprise UC Environment?
Try our latest UC Assessment! Not only will you gain access to Vyopta’s vAnalytics tool for 30 days, you will also receive a comprehensive report that benchmarks your UC environment against other leading enterprise organizations.