Brisbane Catholic Education Office (BCEO) is a learning network comprised of 130 schools with over 70,000 students. Their mission is to provide quality teaching and learning outcomes across a wide geographical range in eastern Australia. This means they must deliver a quality experience and content sharing to their educational community through video conferencing and collaboration technologies.
They used Cisco’s WebEx Collaboration Meeting Rooms (CMR) to bring their classroom participants together, and make it easier for teachers and administrators to collaborate despite location.
BCEO measures their success by focusing on the quality of their student’s experience and their virtual classroom attendance rates.
The biggest challenge? BCEO need their users to fully adopt their WebEx video collaboration technology and improve user experience, specifically around joining a virtual meeting or classroom.
- Needed to track who, when and how each, individual user joined a call.
- Demonstrate the value of their investment
- Increase adoption of WebEx
- Improve user experience
- Track and improve call performance
- Deploy vAnalytics to help create a more transparent environment for tracking, monitoring, reporting, and issue solving
- Use vAnalytics to pinpoint call issues, reallocate endpoints, and identify users who need to improve adoption
- Create reporting through vAnalytics to help automate the reporting process and provide more insight into usage and issues
Using vAnalytics for WebEx, BCEO:
- Gained the insights and metrics they needed to proactively address quality issues before they made a noticeable impact
- Easily track their user adoption rate overall, and can drill into specific details so they can strategically address them
- Can address an infrastructure issue, reallocate endpoints, and identify and reach out to users with low activity.
After 1 month, the support team at BCEO reported a 75% increase as compared to the baseline established when they launched Vyopta. The team was excited to share that they were able to produce a compelling report in less than two hours since it used to require multiple spreadsheet sessions over the course of weeks.