Collection and Use of Information
Vyopta collects two basic types of information –personal or anonymous information –and we may use a combination of this information. We collect the following categories of information:
- Registration information you provide when you create an account, which include your name, email address, username and password
- Information you provide in public forums on our sites (such as blogs, forums or registration forms) and applications
- Information sent either one-to-one or within a limited group using our message, chat, post or similar functionality, where we are permitted by law to collect this information
- Information you provide to us when you use our sites and applications, our applications on third-party sites or platforms (such as social networking sites), or link your profile on a third-party site or platform with your registration account
- Location information when you visit our sites or use our applications, including location information either provided by a mobile device interacting with one of our sites or applications, or associated with your IP address, where we are permitted by law to process this information
- Usage, viewing and technical data, including your device identifier or IP address, when you visit our sites, use our applications on third-party sites or platforms or open emails we send
How we use your personal information
If you do provide us with personal information:
- The personal information Vyopta collects allows us to keep you informed about our latest product announcements, software updates, and events. We also use this information to improve our services, content, and marketing efforts. If you don’t want to be on our mailing list, you can opt out anytime by contacting us.
- From time to time, we may use your personal information to send important notices, such as communications about to our terms, conditions, and policies. These notices are important to your interaction with Vyopta, and you may not opt out of receiving these communications.
- We may also use personal information for internal purposes such as auditing, data analysis, and research to improve our products, services, and customer communications.
How we use your anonymous information
We may collect, use, transfer, and disclose non-personal information for any purpose. The following are some examples of non-personal information that we collect and how we may use it:
- We may collect information such as occupation, language, zip code, area code, location, device id, and the time zone where our website or applications are used so that we can better understand customer behavior and improve our products, services, and advertising
If we do combine anonymous information with personal information the combined information will be treated as personal information for as long as it remains combined.
Cookies and Other Technologies
Like most websites, we gather some information automatically and store it in log files. This information includes IP addresses, browser type and language, Internet service provider (ISP), referring and exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data. We use this information for trend analysis, site administration, understanding user behavior on the site, and gathering information about our user base as a whole. If you set up your web browser (for example, Internet Explorer, Chrome or Firefox) so that cookies are not allowed, you might not be able to use some or all of the features of our website.
In some of our email messages, we use a “click-through URL” linked to content on our website. When users click one of these URLs, they pass through a separate web server before arriving at the destination page on our website. We track this click-through data to help us determine interest in particular topics and measure the effectiveness of our customer communications. If you prefer not to be tracked in this way, you should not click text or graphic links in the email messages.
Disclosure to Third Parties
At times Vyopta may make certain personal information available to strategic partners that work with Vyopta to provide products and services, or that help Vyopta market to customers. Personal information will only be shared by Vyopta to provide or improve our products, services and advertising; it will not be shared with third parties for their marketing purposes.
Vyopta may share personal information with companies who provide services such as information processing, extending credit, fulfilling customer orders, delivering products to you, managing and enhancing customer data, providing customer service, assessing your interest in our products and services, and conducting customer research or satisfaction surveys. These companies are obligated to protect your information and may be located wherever Vyopta operates.
It may be necessary − by law, legal process, litigation, and/or requests from public and governmental authorities within or outside your country of residence − for Vyopta to disclose your personal information. We may also disclose information about you if we determine that for purposes of national security, law enforcement, or other issues of public importance, disclosure is necessary or appropriate. We may also disclose information about you if we determine that disclosure is reasonably necessary to enforce our terms and conditions or protect our operations or users. Additionally, in the event of a reorganization, merger, or sale we may transfer any and all personal information we collect to the relevant third party.
Protection of Personal Information
Vyopta takes precautions to protect your personal information against loss, theft, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction.
Vyopta’s online services use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption on all web pages where personal information is collected. Doing so protects the confidentiality of your personal information while it’s transmitted over the Internet. Please be aware though that, despite our best efforts, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable.
When you use some Vyopta products, services, or applications or post on a Vyopta forum, chat room, or social networking service, the personal information you share is visible to other users and can be read, collected, or used by them. You are responsible for the personal information you choose to submit in these instances. Please take care when using these features. Additionally, to assist with protecting your privacy, be sure to never share your account login information with anyone else, log off of the Vyopta website or applications when you are finished and take customary precautions to guard against “malware.”
Some of our applications may run on virtualized servers hosted by third-party hosting vendors with whom we have contracted. We endeavor to use hosting vendors with privacy protection policies and procedures as strict if not more protective than ours.
Integrity and Retention of Personal Information
Access to Personal Information
You can help ensure that your contact information and preferences are accurate, complete, and up to date by logging in to your account at https://apps.vyopta.com/. For other personal information, we make good faith efforts to provide you with access so you can request that we correct the data if it is inaccurate or delete the data if Vyopta is not required to retain it by law or for legitimate business purposes. We may decline requests that are unreasonably repetitive, require disproportionate technical effort, jeopardize the privacy of others, are extremely impractical, or for which access is not otherwise required by local law.
You must be at least 13 years old to use Vyopta’s website, applications or services. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If we learn that we have collected the personal information of a child under 13 we will take steps to delete the information as soon as possible.
Third-Party Sites and Services
Vyopta websites, products, applications, and services may contain links to third-party websites, products, and services. Information collected by third parties, which may include such things as location data or contact details, is governed by their privacy practices. We encourage you to learn about the privacy practices of those third parties.
Vyopta’s operations are located primarily in the United States. If you provide information to us, it may be transferred from your country to the United States. By providing your personal information to us, you are consenting to its storage and use as described herein. Vyopta abides by the principles of the “safe harbor” frameworks set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal information collected by organizations in the European Economic Area and Switzerland.
Questions or comments?