EFFECTIVE: July 8, 2019
Collection and Use of Information
Vyopta collects two basic types of information –personal or anonymous information –and we may use a combination of this information. We collect the following categories of information:
- Registration information you provide when you create an account, which include your name, title, email address, username and password
- Information you provide in public forums on our sites (such as blogs, forums or registration forms)
- Information sent either one-to-one or within a limited group using our message, chat, post, support systems or similar functionality, where we are permitted by law to collect this information
- Information you provide to us when you use our sites and applications, our applications on third-party sites or platforms (such as social networking sites), or link your profile on a third-party site or platform with your registration account
- Location information when you visit our sites or use our applications, including location information either provided by a mobile device interacting with one of our sites or applications, or associated with your IP address, where we are permitted by law to process this information
- Usage, viewing and technical data, including your device identifier or IP address, when you visit our sites, use our applications on third-party sites or platforms or open emails we send
- Information that is collected by your organization and provided to us for processing, which include name, title, email address, phone number, video contact information, and IP addresses
How we use your personal information
If you do provide us with personal information:
- The personal information Vyopta collects allows us to keep you informed about our latest product announcements, software updates, and events. We also use this information to improve our services, content, and marketing efforts. If you don’t want to be on our mailing list, you can opt out anytime by contacting us (email@example.com).
- From time to time, we may use your personal information to send important notices, such as communications about to our terms, conditions, and policies. These notices are important to your interaction with Vyopta, and you may not opt out of receiving these communications.
- We may also use personal information for internal purposes such as auditing, data analysis, and research to improve our products, services, and customer communications.
- Information may be used to carry out our contractual obligations, which could include reporting, monitoring and analytics for your organization’s unified collaboration and communications environment to help with strategic initiatives, quality control and troubleshooting.
- We may use, with your prior consent, customer testimonials or comments.
How we use your anonymous information
We may collect, use, transfer, and disclose non-personal information for any purpose. The following are some examples of non-personal information that we collect and how we may use it:
- We may collect information such as occupation, language, zip code, area code, location, device id, and the time zone where our website or applications are used so that we can better understand customer behavior and improve our products, services, and advertising
- Aggregated data may also be used to help us further develop our product and for benchmarking purposes for us to provide comparative analytics to our customers.
If we do combine anonymous information with personal information the combined information will be treated as personal information for as long as it remains combined.
Cookies and Other Technologies
Like most websites, we gather some information automatically and store it in log files. This information includes IP addresses, browser type and language, Internet service provider (ISP), referring and exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data. We use this information for trend analysis, site administration, understanding user behavior on the site, and gathering information about our user base as a whole. If you set up your web browser (for example, Internet Explorer, Chrome or Firefox) so that cookies are not allowed, you might not be able to use some or all of the features of our website.
In some of our email messages, we use a “click-through URL” linked to content on our website. When users click one of these URLs, they pass through a separate web server before arriving at the destination page on our website. We track this click-through data to help us determine interest in particular topics and measure the effectiveness of our customer communications. If you prefer not to be tracked in this way, you should not click text or graphic links in the email messages.
Third Parties and Services
We may receive personal information about you from other sources (i.e. contact information) from other companies that provide our services by way of a co-branded or private-labelled websites, or companies that provide services in connection with ours (resellers or channel partners). These organizations may provide us your name and other contact information to help us establish the account and fulfill orders.
At times Vyopta may make certain personal information available to strategic partners that work with Vyopta to provide products and services, or that help Vyopta market to customers. Personal information will only be shared by Vyopta to provide or improve our products, services and advertising; it will not be shared with third parties for their marketing purposes.
Your Organization and Its Third-Parties
Vyopta may provide our customers with the ability, at their discretion, to integrate our services with a third-party service (such as, your internal support ticketing systems, CRMs or other such business systems). When integrated, we may share information with your organization’s third party provider. We are not responsible for how the third-party integrator may collect, use and share your information.
Vyopta may share personal information with companies who provide services such as information processing, extending credit, fulfilling customer orders, delivering products to you, managing and enhancing customer data, providing customer service, assessing your interest in our products and services, and conducting customer research or satisfaction surveys. These companies are obligated to protect your information and may be located wherever Vyopta operates.
It may be necessary − by law, legal process, litigation, and/or requests from public and governmental authorities within or outside your country of residence − for Vyopta to disclose your personal information. We may also disclose information about you if we determine that for purposes of national security, law enforcement, or other issues of public importance, disclosure is necessary or appropriate. We may also disclose information about you if we determine that disclosure is reasonably necessary to enforce our terms and conditions or protect our operations or users. Additionally, in the event of a reorganization, merger, or sale we may transfer any and all personal information we collect to the relevant third party.
Protection of Personal Information
Vyopta takes precautions to protect your personal information against loss, theft, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction.
Vyopta’s online services use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption on all web pages where personal information is collected. Doing so protects the confidentiality of your personal information while it’s transmitted over the Internet. Please be aware though that, despite our best efforts, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable.
When you use some Vyopta products, services, or applications or post on a Vyopta forum, chat room, or social networking service, the personal information you share is visible to other users and can be read, collected, or used by them. You are responsible for the personal information you choose to submit in these instances. Please take care when using these features. Additionally, to assist with protecting your privacy, be sure to never share your account login information with anyone else, log off of the Vyopta website or applications when you are finished and take customary precautions to guard against “malware.”
Some of our applications may run on virtualized servers hosted by third-party hosting vendors with whom we have contracted. We endeavor to use hosting vendors with privacy protection policies and procedures as strict if not more protective than ours.
Integrity and Retention of Personal Information
Access to Personal Information
You have the following data protection rights:
- Request to access, correct, update or delete your personal information
- Request to modify, or remove any content that you may have posted to our website, blog or forum
- Request to opt out of promotional email communications by clicking on unsubscribe links or submitting a request to us (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Deactivate your account
For other personal information, we make good faith efforts to provide you with access so you can request that we correct the data if it is inaccurate or delete the data if Vyopta is not required to retain it by law or for legitimate business purposes. We may decline requests that are unreasonably repetitive, require disproportionate technical effort, jeopardize the privacy of others, are extremely impractical, or for which access is not otherwise required by local law.
You must be at least 16 years old to use Vyopta’s website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 16. If we learn that we have collected the personal information of anyone under the age of 16 we will take steps to delete the information as soon as possible.
Public Forums/Social Media
We may offer publicly accessible message boards, blogs and community forums. We encourage you to bear in mind that if you disclose information on any of these mediums, the information you provide may be collected and used by others. We will correct or delete any information that you may have provided at your request.
For EU Individuals: Your Rights Under GDPR
Vyopta’s operations are located primarily in the United States. If you provide information to us, it may be transferred from your country to the United States.
Our legal basis for collecting and using the personal information described above will depend on the personal information concerned and the specific context in which we collect it. However, we will normally collect personal information from you only where we have your consent to do so, where we need the personal information to perform a contract with you, or where the processing is in our legitimate interests and not overridden by your data protection interests or fundamental rights and freedoms. In some cases, we may also have a legal obligation to collect personal information from you.
If we ask you to provide personal information to comply with a legal requirement or to perform a contract with you, we will make this clear at the relevant time and advise you whether the provision of your personal information is mandatory or not (as well as of the possible consequences if you do not provide your personal information). Similarly, if we collect and use your personal information in reliance on our legitimate interests (or those of any third party), we will make clear to you at the relevant time what those legitimate interests are.
Should you wish to lodge a privacy related complaint or enforce your GDPR rights with a supervisory authority, please visit http://ec.europa.eu/justice/article-29/structure/data-protection-authorities/indiex_en.htm.
EU-US and Swiss-US Privacy Shields
Vyopta is responsible and liable for the processing of personal data it receives, under these Privacy Shield Frameworks, and subsequently transfers to a third party acting as an agent on its behalf. Vyopta complies with the Privacy Shield Principles for all onward transfers of personal data from the EU, the UK, and Switzerland, including the onward transfer liability provisions. In certain situations, Vyopta may be required to disclose personal data in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
Pursuant to the Privacy Shield Frameworks, EU and Swiss individuals have the right to obtain our confirmation of whether we maintain personal information relating to you in the United States. Upon request, we will provide you with access to the personal information that we hold about you. You may also correct, amend, or delete the personal information we hold about you. An individual who seeks access, or who seeks to correct, amend, or delete inaccurate data transferred to the United States under Privacy Shield, should direct their query to email@example.com. If requested to remove data, we will respond within a reasonable timeframe.
We will provide an individual opt-out choice, or opt-in for sensitive data, before we share your data with third parties other than our agents, or before we use it for a purpose other than which it was originally collected or subsequently authorized. To request to limit the use and disclosure of your personal information, please submit a written request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
With respect to personal data received or transferred pursuant to these Privacy Shield Frameworks, Vyopta is subject to the regulatory enforcement powers of the US Federal Trade Commission.
In compliance with the Privacy Shield Principles, Vyopta commits to resolve complaints about our collection or use of your personal information. EU, UK and Swiss individuals with inquiries or complaints regarding our Privacy Shield policy should first contact Vyopta at: email@example.com.
Vyopta has further committed to refer unresolved privacy complaints under the Privacy Shield Principles to an independent dispute resolution mechanism, the BBB EU PRIVACY SHIELD. If you do not receive timely acknowledgment of your complaint, or if your complaint is not satisfactorily addressed, please visit https://bbbprograms.org/privacy-shield-complaints/ for more information and to file a complaint. This service is provided free of charge to you.
If your Privacy Shield complaint cannot be resolved through the above channels, under certain conditions, you may invoke binding arbitration for some residual claims not resolved by other redress mechanisms. See Privacy Shield Annex 1 at https://www.privacyshield.gov/article?id=ANNEX-I-introduction
California Privacy Rights
Under California’s “Shine the Light” law, if you are a California resident, you can request certain information about the types of personal information (if any) shared by us with third-parties (if any) for direct marketing purposes within the preceding calendar year, along with the names and addresses of these third parties. This information may be requested by email at the address below. You may make one (1) request per calendar year, and we will respond to the request within thirty (30) days. Please also be aware that California’s “Shine the Light” law only applies to certain types of personal information and only those types of personal information covered by the law will be included in our response.
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
3755 S Capital of Texas Highway, Ste 340
Austin, Texas 78704